Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Breakfast Club......

This movie is said to be a cult classic and one of the greatest coming-of-age movies of all time. And, I have to agree. I absolutely loved it, I mean it was a little wierd and had a few surprises but the story was in a way the embodiment of school cliques, and that is waht I loved about it.

Each character was totally different.There was a so called jock, an obvious princess, a 'criminal' who acted like a jerk and a basket case who no one really new anything about. But that the thing is, each person was so much more than that, there was a story and a reason behind everything they did, it was absoulely hertbreaking at times.

The fact that they were all thrown together like that on saturday school and slowly go to know each other was a little predictable and simple but when it ended, I was just dying to know what would happen at school on monday. But the wonderful thing is, we will probably never find out!
I only wish I would I had the chance to do what they did and say what they said in this letter to their teacher, because some people really need to hear such things as this:

Brian Johnson: Dear Mr. Vernon, we accept the fact that we had to sacrifice a whole Saturday in detention for whatever it was we did wrong...but we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us... In the simplest terms and the most convenient definitions. But what we found out is that each one of us is a brain...

Andrew Clark: ...and an athlete...

Allison Reynolds: ...and a basket case...

Claire Standish: ...a princess...

John Bender: ...and a criminal...

Brian Johnson: Does that answer your question? Sincerely yours, the Breakfast Club.
 
I found I was rather confused as to why they labeled themselves as the breakfast club. But when I was told that it was beacause of  the time of saturday school, I found it - in the oddest way- rather fitting.
 
~LittleOwl
 

4 comments:

  1. I love this film! It's definitely in my Top 5!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is my all time favorite!! It's so nice to read those quotes again :-) xoxoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. haven't seen it yet, but after reading this I definitely will - as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete