Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Have you met...Dionysus... the greek god of......????

We were in drama and having learnt about the history of greek theatre in the previous lesson, the teacher asked us to tell those who were away what had happened. Up goes my hand and I start telling them about Dionysus's theatre and then it all goes wrong.

Teacher: Tell them who Dionysus is....

Me: He's a god.

Teacher: The god of what?

'Umm shit, ohhhh shit he's the greek god.... what's he the greek god of?

Me: Dionysus... he's the greek god of......

Teacher: Smiles encouragingly

Ummmm..... oh yeah it think it's......

Me: Wine!

Surely, thats enough, please somebody else please help me. Yeah you in the corner put your scrawny hand up!

Teacher: Wine and what?

Come on! Are you serious?
Oh wait I think I remember something! Wine and..... Wine and......

Me: Wine.... Sex and Fun....?????

Gods this is embarrassing, but I think it was something like that......

Teacher: I think you mean wine, pleasure and fertility...!

Me: Oh.. yeah!

Whoops! Well I was kinda right..... right?



~LittleOwl~


2 comments:

  1. Lol hate when that happens...it was a pretty decent save though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know i was like umm wine sex and fun and every one just looks at me and then i think what it means exactly the same thing why couldnt they have said that in the first place?

    ReplyDelete